Arm cushion baby pillow for holding and easy feeding

A lady hopped onto a local Facebook page and requested something to ease her injured arm when feeding her baby. The arm was uncomfortable for both mum and baby (due to the dressing on the arm)

Prym stuffing for this can be bought here
https://amzn.to/2mjUIB7

Minky fabric
https://amzn.to/2Lcn4Ly



Here's a quick and easy solution. 
An arm cushion. 


All I did was cut 2 strips of fabric. Both safe for baby. So cotton jersey and a simple fleece. Both easy to wash and soft for baby's delicate skin. 

The stuffing I've used is from Prym and is safe for baby, non flammable and washable too. 

I thought about foam but baby safe foam is not a cheap option or so readily available. It needs to be odourless and also breathable and warm. 

(Although if you contact me I can source some from a local factory for you. )



I used dimensions that fit my arm and I expect you may want to adapt this to suit your needs 


Keep good sides of the fabric together and sew a stretch stitch along the longer lengths. 

Stitch 2 on my machine

Now turn the right way out and match up the edges of the shorter lengths. Leave a short 2" opening in the inside fabric. 


Sew this down and you will turn the fabric back through the hole and you're left with this small opening for you to stuff the cushion. 




Look for special care instructions and suitability for this job. 

I've sewn up the opening with a zigzag. Hand stitching on jersey is tricky and I want you to have an easy secure solution. 

Enjoy 

Abi X 



















Comments

  1. thank you! I was wanting to make a couple of these for my step daughter and have looked everywhere! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! I'm so glad I could help ❤️💕

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou so much for your pattern for these. My daughterinlaw has just blessed us with a beautiful premmie baby girl. Made this with ease and looks as good as a bought one at next to nothing in cost

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, congratulations! That's so sweet 🌸❤️ Hope all is going well with your daughter and granddaughter, I'm so glad I could help .

      Delete
  4. Wow just what I have been looking for but I need a larger size for a baby pillow can you help me please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes of course, if you let me know how big. I'm also easily reachable at https://www.facebook.com/AbisSewingDen/

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much Abi for this. I have made ones in a different pattern, but this one is so much better. Abi gave me permission to share my link with you all. https://www.facebook.com/handmade.gifts.by.cathy/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am making this as we speak and extremely novice to the sewing community but I noticed and that the first and second photos of the finished pillow have the minky fabric on the outside where the last finished photo has the jersey fabric on the outside of the pillow (photo with stuffing pictured). If you want the minky in the inside part (touching your arm) of the finished pillow, the opening should be created with the minky fabric on the outside, correct?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts